Perlite filter aids have gained acceptance in almost every industry concerned with the separation of liquids and solids, and even gasses and solids. The following list, although not all-inclusive, gives an indication of the many applications where perlite filter aids are being utilized due to their low density, availability, performance, economy and environmental footprint.
• Food Processing: juices, beers, wines, sweeteners, vegetable oils, wastewater treatment
• Pharmaceuticals: enzymes, antibiotics, Epsom salt
• Industrial: water treatment, sizings, oil & solvent recovery, greases
• Chemicals: inorganic & organic chemicals, resins, polymers, brine, adhesives, fertilizers, waste disposal
• Paint and Coatings: waxes, oils, varnish, gums, shellac, wastewater treatment
• Environmental: stormwater filtration, ecology embankments, media filter drains